Gracias 2022!

Every year is unique it gives you something and takes away something. When the universe gives not everything is likeable- some is what you were wishing for, and few things may not be acceptable.  When it takes away it could be good riddance, or it could be about letting go off a favourite person or thing. While it may not make sense in that moment, but the process helps balance scales and restore harmony. Hence, viewing the concept transactionally is myopic.

Every year has a broader theme or takeaways that make you appreciate life more and be thankful the way things are. 2021 was about being thankful for routine and I appreciated it more than before; 2022 has been about compassion & kindness. So here is my list of things I am grateful for :

1) Surviving a life threating seizure episode during remission /being seizure free for 5 years. Starting from scratch not being able to do your favourite things it changes the way we view life. A bunch of people were there to take care of me. 1st line of treatment, helping me change clothes full of vomit, rushing me in an ambulance, sitting through the night in a hospital. A few are an inseparable part of my life. I will be forever thankful, not obliged or indebted because you can never pay back, the moment has passed. It just restores faith in humanity, and you pass the kindness forward to someone who may need it #purplewarrior #newtattoo

 2) Celebrating my parents 50th anniversary. There is nothing more wonderful than seeing your parents grow old together. Loving them as parents and accepting them as individuals. Despite all their ups and downs they make me believe in “sickness and health” #milestones

3) Thankful for my sister’s health and her strength to be a wonderful mother. She teaches me to be fierce and a fighter #motherpower

4) Letting go of toxic and temporary attachments. When people do not want to make a choice that is a choice. When people are more bothered about managing others expectations it's something to watch out for. Closing out cycles of mixed signals on a happy note. Outgrowing friendships #letgo

5) With covid again lurking on our head being in the moment, thankful for the routine, the structure, colleagues, new friends #countyourblessing

Comments