Weekend love!

Well my plans to open a cafe are at the back burner and here I am putting up a blog that captures the essence of my being 'Being Single'. I have been single as long as I remember , but never emotionally single. I have always been in love with the idea of being in love and idea of being in love with someone who lives in my head rent-free. Trust me its exhausting to ensure that you don't move on just to brood and let people know your busy with your feelings and the same thoughts playing on loop. Even IG seems to have read my mind and keeps showing reels - '10 signs the guy is not in to you', 'How you may be dealing with toxicity' etc.etc. Toxicity seems to be a word I kind of like ... I can simply blame every misery on 'Toxicity'. I was introduced to this word in my chemistry class and then to the Britney Spear song (which was /is Kosher). The chemical fumes seem less toxic as compared to the people I surround my self with, by IG standards...well as long as I have an explanation. 

So what inspired me to journal my marital status - for starters its Saturday. Weekends are like Valentines Day every week , dining alone and self love is not applicable on these days. The guy at the hotel or bar or cafe will roll his eyes if you ask him a table for 1. Thank God we have Swiggy and Zomato and everything else. Trust me eating food out of container is no fun. This also tells you I am not exactly the person who loves to cook for myself . On my best day I can make myself Khichdi and some aloo sabji and on a bad day cut Watermelon or some fruit for breakfast (which is almost everyday)

There are many coping mechanisms and most of them point towards binging something - romcoms, food or beverage. I graduated from over-dosing on strawberry milkshake to coffee to a bottle of Limoncello to may be an extra glass of wine ...believe me the results are the same pointing towards the Kangana Ranaut scene in Queen after an entire bottle of wine :)) 

Over years somethings that I have practiced consistently that help me stay with myself :   

1) Ring in my Friday evening with myself (have added friends in the equation time to time but never a necessity) with the same enthusiasm and zeal consistently. I look forward to it despite the work pressure or however, free I am 

2) Plan my weekends - definitely have routine and to do lists but include something that makes this weekend different from the previous one

I am a hopeless romantic and I have realized its okay to hold on to the love as long as you are healed and able to let it be!

Hoping to continue this blog unlike my previous outings :) 

#singlelife #woman #love #hopelessromantic #romcom #weekend 

Comments